General Information for Custom Orders:
- While every attempt is made to create what is desired by a customer no two pieces of glass are identical so there may be some variation. Please keep in mind that all lighting affects the way the pieces are displayed, i.e. whether on a wall or hanging in a window. Sometimes, on very small pieces of glass I will use paint such as for eyes, etc. as there is not enough space for a piece of glass.
- When requesting a custom piece please take these matters into consideration first.
Factors That Determine the Cost of Custom Orders:
- Cost depends on the size and complexity of the artwork plus any specialty glass, such as beveled glass
Size Limitations of Custom Orders:
- I prefer not to make any panels with a dimension over 3 feet due to shipping concerns. However, there are times when an exception may be made. Please email me first for any panel requests over 3 feet.
Design of Custom Orders:
- When a customer is requesting that I make a customized design for them it is helpful to give me the following information:
- Approximate size
- A fairly good description of what is desired (I would like to have a deer standing in a meadow with some trees, etc.)
- I would then research some patterns and I would send to the client for approval to determine if the pattern is what is desired. Once that has been agreed upon we would discuss any color requests, framing options, etc. I would then do further research and give a written quote.
Framing Options for Custom Orders:
- Framing options are determined by the customer. I am happy to arrange for having a panel framed in a material of your choice. This would be an additional cost for which I would get a quote. Otherwise, panels are framed in zinc came. Smaller suncatchers or irregular shaped designs are finished with edge beading.
Payment Process for Custom orders:
- A 50% deposit is required before starting custom projects. Upon completion the balance would be due before shipment.
- I accept debit and credit card payments.
Production Time for Custom orders:
- This depends on the size and complexity of the artwork and whether the request comes during a busy holiday season. Normally, for small pieces they can be completed within 1-2 weeks. Larger pieces may take longer depending on size and complexity.
Construction Method for all items:
- I create my pieces in the Tiffany style method which means that each piece of glass is individually wrapped with copper foil then soldered together. Usually the piece is then finished with a patina and polished before shipping.
- Most pieces are completed with hoops for hanging with a metal chain or for smaller pieces such as suncatchers, lightweight fishing line.
Refunds and Exchanges for non-custom items and custom orders:
- Every effort is taken to make sure that all items purchased are received undamaged. However, in the rare instance that it is damaged I will repair if requested at no additional cost. The buyer will be responsible for any costs associated with additional shipping. A request for repair must be made within 24 hours of receipt of item.
- For custom projects as these are one-of-a-kind products there are only rare instances where an exchange may be made and only then if the item is of equal value. The original purchase must be returned to the seller prior to any exchange.
- No refunds will be given.
Shipping Policies for all items:
- I usually ship USPS Priority Mail however, there may be times when it would be more cost effective to ship through FedEx or UPS. The destination being shipped to and the size of the box being shipped determine the cost. I always insure the pieces and securely wrap in bubble wrap with additional packing peanuts and/or paper to allow for maximum protection during shipping.
- Commitment to Data Security Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information.
- We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted.